Dear East Side Family,
In our effort to continue to support recreational baseball in the East Cobb area we are very excited to be taking this step forward in partnership with the Atlanta Braves. We have been part of GA Dizzy Dean baseball for many years now but believe that joining the new Braves Country Baseball League is the right path forward for our program and children. We believe that this league will provide all of East Side children and member organizations with a lot more opportunity and offer a lot more opportunity for our all star, hybrid and rec teams a chance to play competitive baseball and in our own backyard!
We are going to be actively working with the Braves organization and other baseball organizations in the next few months ironing out all the details to be ready for our Spring 2024 season.
We hope that you are just as excited as we are and we will be sure to share more details as they get defined in the next few months. In the meantime if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me or your league board member at any time.
Hope everyone has a great Fall season
Majd G. Saboura
Atlanta Braves Announce New Braves Country Baseball and Softball Youth League and All-Star Tournament Play
Beginning in 2024, Braves will partner with Departments of Parks and Recreation across Braves Country to offer Spring leagues and district, regional, and state tournaments for children
ATLANTA (July 31, 2023) – The Atlanta Braves are launching Braves Country Baseball and Softball, a youth organization that will provide league and all-star tournament play for children 5-12 years old. Launching in March 2024, the new program will increase participation in baseball and softball play at the local level. Braves Country Baseball and Softball will consist of Spring season league play. Children will then have a chance to represent their local communities in district, regional, and state tournaments. All roads will lead to Atlanta for the Braves Country Championships to be held at the end of June. Braves Country champions will be crowned in each age group in baseball and softball.
“We are launching Braves Country Baseball and Softball to help create access to high quality baseball and softball play at the local level,” said Greg McMichael, Atlanta Braves Senior Director of Alumni Relations and Growing the Game. “With current partners across Georgia and Alabama, the Braves aim to launch this new program with youth baseball associations in every state across Braves Country.”
“The path to becoming a great player starts with a dream and is fulfilled through sweat and hard work! But none of that will ever develop if a child doesn’t first connect with the sport. That connection to the dream is cultivated at the recreational baseball park. Unfortunately, rec baseball has lost its prestige and the rec parks are seeing the effects of decreased enrollment and mass exits to play academy baseball,” said Chay Chauncey, President Oregon Park Baseball Association, West Cobb. “Oregon Park remains dedicated to growing the love of the game through rec baseball. Who better to partner with than the Atlanta Braves?”
Participating members of Braves Country Baseball and Softball so far include:
- Wills Park and Webb Bridge Park/ Alpharetta Youth Baseball Association in Fulton County, GA
- Acworth Sports Complex/ Ackworth Baseball Association in Cobb County, GA
- Fullers Park/ East Side Baseball Association in Cobb County, GA
- Bell Memorial Park/ Hopewell Youth Association in Fulton County, GA
- Morgan Falls Athletic Complex/ Sandy Springs Youth Sports in Fulton County, GA
- George Pierce Park/North Gwinnett Baseball and Softball Association in Gwinnett County, GA
- Harbins Park/ Archer Athletic Association in Gwinnett County, GA
- Hobgood Park/ Cherokee Parks and Recreation Association in Cherokee County, GA
- Bethesda Park, Brookwood Baseball and Softball Association In Gwinnett County, GA
- Oregon Park/ Oregon Park Baseball Association in Cobb County, GA
- Southside Sports Complex/ City of Atlanta Parks and Recreation in Fulton County, GA
- Powder Springs Park/ Powder Springs Youth Baseball in Cobb County, GA
- Mount Paran North in Cobb County, GA
- Gresham Park/ Gresham Park Baseball and Softball Association in Dekalb County, GA
- Sandtown Park/ Sandtown Youth Sports Association in Fulton County, GA
- Alabama Recreation and Parks Association, representing 92 parks across the state
Visit www.Braves.com/BCBS to learn more about Braves Country Baseball and Braves Country Softball.